- Education: Find speakers and topics for our monthly round tables. Work with the PHP program.
- Giving Back: Find ways to use our real estate knowledge to make this a better community and help those who are less fortunate.
- Government Affairs: Work with other local and national groups to promote investors as vital parts of the local economy. Work with lobbyists to watch for legislation that affects our business.
- Midlands REIA Online Store: Maintain the store and locate quality products for sale.
- Marketing: Advertise meetings and overall publicity of the Midlands REIA. May also include special event coordination.
- Membership: Register, acquire feedback, promote members and renewals, and track expired members.
- Newsletter: Oversee the design, layout, print and distribution of a monthly newsletter.
- Special Events: Help coordinate events throughout the year.
- Sponsors/Vendors: Seek new sponsors, preferred vendors and other similar groups to benefit members.
- Technology: Make sure the Midlands REIA has the right tools to work efficiently and have professional presentations. To include work with computers, audio/visual, record meetings, manages and maintain website.
Orientation and Training
Orientations and training will be held throughout the year and will be announced in our newsletter and listed on the calendar on our website. Orientation covers areas of volunteer participation, job descriptions, volunteer benefits, committee and volunteer needs, and other opportunities. All volunteers are encouraged to attend for an opportunity to update their volunteer skills. Training for various positions will also be administered.
You are a valuable resource for the Midlands REIA. You will meet other investors and build your networking skills. Being a volunteer for the Midlands REIA will benefit you as well as the association. Your time and effort will create opportunities for you and your real estate investment goals.
We look forward to seeing you at the next Orientation Meeting.
Please contact rkim@MidlandsREIA.com with your interest.
How You Benefit:
Volunteer AcceleREIA Awards Program
Volunteers accumulate points in order to use toward membership and seminars.
General Meetings 4 points
Evening Seminar 4 points
Full Day Seminar 8 points
Committee Meeting 4 points
Chair (Meeting) 6 points
Administrative 2 points minimum
Benefits of Volunteerism
Use your points for the following:
- Membership 80 points
- PHP Class 25 points (certificate add $25)
- Boot Camp TBD
- Rehab Tours TBD
Volunteer of the Month Recognition
Volunteer Appreciation Reception
Networking with other Midlands REIA members, staff and officers
Attend Volunteer Orientation/Training and Monthly Meeting.
Assist Committee Chairperson(s) with specific areas of your expertise.
Join a committee of interest and knowledge. Commit the time needed to be involved. Perform duties as assigned by the Committee Chairperson.
Ability to commit to an assigned time of 2-3 hours per week on average, monthly meetings, and as needed. Some outside research time.
Meeting and networking with others. Being part of the decisions for future programs and member services. Accrue volunteer points for membership and seminars. Opportunity to advance to committee chair positions.
How to Enlist:
Committees are constructed by the Committee Chairperson. Please check with the Chairperson for more information or contact the rkim@MidlandsREIA.com.